Friday, October 28, 2005

Intro

I have to say I didn't get the blog thing at first. Who would be so self-absorbed as to think that other people would want to read about their life on a regular basis? I thought. But I realized, I do like reading about other people's lives; and I love to write; and I've got some really boring classes that I need to have something to do in. So. Here goes.
I'm kind of a gypsy at heart who for now is stuck in Georgia- Athens, to be exact. But the thing is, I really love this town, so I don't mind being stuck here so much. By gypsy I mean I love to travel and be outside, not that I can read palms or tarot cards or swallow fire.
I am an optimist, end up with my foot in my mouth a lot because I just say what I am thinking. I'm kind of liberal for Georgia but that's not saying much- I'm more of a political and social moderate. I love coffee early in the morning on the back porch and public transportation and ultimate frisbee and long summer afternoons and northern cities with rowhouses and mountains and apples with peanut butter and salsa dancing and biking without a helmet and Constitutional law and buying strange food on the street in Central America and people-watching in general.
And I love those moments even in the most ordinary lives which are beautiful and interesting and which slip away so fast if they're not shared. So that's what I want to write about. And hopefully someone else will find them interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home